Information about us?
The club originated as the "NORTH WEST TASMANIA AMATEUR RADIO INTEREST GROUP" in 2002, and in May 2009 changed its name to "CRADLE COAST AMATEUR RADIO CLUB".
The club became an incorporated body on the 15th of June 2009. ( Certificate IA-10075 ) Now, with the modern age of legal liability, the decision to incorporate gives the members much improved security against financial ruin should some calamity occur. You can't afford to be a member of a club or group that is not incorporated. This club is affiliated to the Wireless Institute of Australia.
The club meets monthly, ( see meeting time and location below ) Every alternate month the meeting is designated "SOCIAL", meaning club business will be kept to a minimum, allowing as much time as possible for a display, tech support or guest speaker.
The club maintains a combination of 2 metre and 70 cm repeaters in 3 locations.These being, our main repeater site on Mount Duncan , the Lonah Repeater site and Companian Hill.
The goals of the club are to:
- Maintain the operation of Club Repeaters and their sites.
- Educate prospective amateurs and get them on their way to their foundation licence (or better).
- Encouraging as many as possible local amateurs to participate in club events and social activities.
- Raise the profile of Amateur Radio in the community.
- Manage the Clubs radio assets, repeaters by keeping them in good working order.
- Provide operators and equipment for events like Jamboree Of The Air, and other community events, etc.
A more precise and complete definition can be found in our rules.
Club Meeting Time and Location
Club meeting dates for 2018 are on the following Saturdays,
Jan. 27, Feb. 24, March 24, April 21, May 19, June 30, July 28, Aug. 25, Sept. 22, Oct. 20, Nov.17. There is no meeting for the month of December. Meetings are held in the Saint Stephens Anglican Church Hall on the corner Main Road and Presivation Drive, Penguin
. Meetings start at 1.30pm
and are followed by after-noon tea and coffee.